LET'S LET'S LET'S LET'S LET'S LET'S
STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP
AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS
AIDS STOP LET'S
LET'S STOP AIDS
AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS AIDS
STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP
THIS MESSAGE FOR YOU....
STOP AIDS.. KEEP THE PROMISE....
STOP AIDS.. KEEP THE PROMISE.....
YOU CAN BE A MESSAGE TO STOP AIDS...
THIS PICTURE WERE TAKEN DURING OUR COUNSELOR INTERVIEW AT PTF WHICH FORMERLY KNOWN AS PINK TRIANGLES FOUNDATION ON 6TH APRIL 2010.. AND I TOOK THE PHOTO FROM PTF GROUP IN FACEBOOK...
KINDLY JOIN THE GROUP AND YOU WILL GET A LOT OF INFORMATION...
EDUCATE YOUSELF AND EDUCATE OTHERS..
SPREAD THE MESSAGE..
THREE OF THEM IS MY COURSEMATES...
ILYANA.. LAKSHUMY AND SHU HUAN...
I have got consent from Mr. Jeremy Kwan Wing Kien, In House Programme Manager PTF,to share with y'all about HIV & AIDS.
WHAT IS HIV?
Virus that ravages the human body's immune system until it is no longer capable of fighting disease.Those who are infected with HIV (HIV carriers) looks normal ( not sick) and are usually unaware that this virus has infected them. The virus may take years to gradually weaken a person's immune system before that person inventually fall sick.
WHAT IS AIDS?
AIDS is the final stage of HIV infection, when the body's immune system has been completely weaken and the person is afflicted with certain diseases and cancers (AIDS- defining condition) such as
- Wieght loss (more than 10%)
- Prolonged diarrhoea
- Lung infection Pneumocystic Carinii
- Infected with Cytomegalovirus (lungs,brain,retinas)
- Tubercolosis (TB)
- Fungal infections such as Candida and Histoplasma
- Brain Toxoplasma infection
- Infected with Herpes Simplex and Herpes Zoster (Shingles)
- Protozoan infections such as Cryptococcus, Microsporidiium and Isospora
- Cancers like Kaposi's Sarcoma and Lymphoma.
HOW IS HIV CONTRACTED?
HIV infects humans mainly in three ways:
1. Unprotected sexual relationship with a person infected with HIV.
2. Transfer of infected blood through sharing of needles used for injecting drugs or through blood transfusion
with HIV infected blood
3. From an HIV infected mother to her baby during pregnancy, delivery and breastfeeding.
ANSWERS TO YOUR DOUBTS
1. CAN HIV SURVIVE OUTSIDE THE HUMAN BODY?
HIV cannot survive for long outside the human body, and will be destroyed by hot and dry environment, soap/detergent,water and disinfectant.
2. CAN HIV BE CONTRACTED THROUGH ORAL SEX?
There is a risk of infection if the semen or vaginal fluid from the infected partner goes into the mouth and there happens to be wound/crack/ulcer in the oral activity
3. CAN HIV CONTRACTED THROUGH KISSING?
Theoretically, HIV in the blood or saliva that goes into the mouth of a person can infect the person if there happens to be wound/crack/ulcer in the person's oral activity, but so far there has not been any reported cases of infection through this way.
4. IS THERE ANY MEDICATION THAT CAN CURE THIS DISEASE?
No.Prevention is still the best way to control the spread of this virus. The best practice is to avoid drug abuse and adultery. Use protection during sex and do not share needles syringes for injecting drugs.
5. IS THERE ANY MEDICATION TO TREAT THIS DISEASE?
ARV( antiretroviral) drugs can delay the progression of this disease and improve the quality of life for people who have HIV/AIDS
6. CAN HIV BE CONTRACTED THROUGH BLOOD DONATION?
You will not infected through donating blood because the disposable equipment used is sterile. Do not donate blood if you or your partner is suspected or confirmed to be infected with HIV.
7. CAN I BE INFECTED THROUGH CASUAL PHYSICAL CONTACT?
No. HIV cannot be contracted through daily activities (at work, in school or at any social aminities), shaking hands, eating together, sporting, holding the door knob, using public amenities such as toilet or telephone or holding pets, etc.
8. WHERE CAN I FIND ARV TREATMENT?
You can get ARV treatment at all government hospitals and health clinics.
9. DO I NEED TO UNDERGO HIV TESTING?
If you have been previously exposed to the risks of HIV infection, you are advised to go for HIV testing. It is always better to know your health status.
10. WHERE CAN I GOT HIV TESTING?
At the nearest government hospital or health clinic. The result will be strictly confidential and a Medical Specialist or Family Medical Specialist will provide you with continuous medical care.
11. HOW IS THE TEST CONDUCTED? IT IS PAINFUL?
The test can be done using a blood sample taken from the tip of your finger. The result can beproduce within (5-1o minutes) And if the result is positive, a confirmation test will follow. The confirmation test will take about 1 to 2 weeks, depending on the facilities available at the health clinic or hospital.
12. IF THE TEST RESULT IS NEGATIVE, DOES IT MEAN THAT I AM TRULY FREE FROM THE VIRUS?
A negative test rerult simply mean that the antibody against this virus cannot be detected at the time. If yo have peviously been exposed to risks of infection, you are advised to repeat the test after 3 to 6 month. After this interval the antibody (if any) is expected to become detectible.
13. DO MY PARTNER AND I NEED TO GET TESTED BEFORE WE GET MARRIED?
It is always to know your partner's health status before marriage. You can still go through with the marriage but be sure to practive safe sex.
MESSAGE FROM US TO YOUUUUUUU....
PROTECTION IS COOL.
Tag : personal